If you’re interested in changing and empowering the lives of more than 18,000 girls in northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan as a career, Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes at times has open staff positions that might be a perfect fit for your skills and experience. We offer exciting opportunities in marketing, program development, technology, fund development, retail sales, recruitment and many other areas. We also have seasonal opportunities to connect directly with girls at our camps and events.
Our Work Environment
Working with Girl Scouts – an organization with a solid history and a growing future – means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment. We value flexibility, teamwork and work ethic. With our large geography, we communicate through connected phone, computer and video conference technology. But we still get together several times a year to learn, celebrate and re-connect.
- Generous medical, dental and vision plans are just the start of GSNWGL’s basic benefits for full time staff - we also provide short and long-term disability and life insurance. Our Employee Assistance Program helps give staff someone to talk with for personal issues.
- Saving for retirement just makes sense! We have a 403(b) plan to help you on your way and matching dollars if you stay with us for over a year.
- Work/life balance is important and staff working more than 20 hours a week have paid time off benefits – from 25 to 35 days a year! And don’t forget holidays, we enjoy spending time with our families and friends including a week off at the end of the year.
To apply for a position:
- Download and complete Employment Application: This application is a writable PDF - you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to utilize this feature. Instructions: Download the application to your computer, open it with Adobe Reader, type in requested information and save the completed application to your computer.
- Your cover letter and resume: Make sure your cover letter and resume are in Word document format with your last name as part of the document file name (e.g., "JohnsonCoverLetter.doc" and "JohnsonResume.doc") and that they specifically address how you meet the qualifications of the position.
- Email completed application, cover letter and resume as attachments to email@example.com. Please specify the position and location you are applying for in the email subject line.
Looking for a great summer opportunity? Visit our work at camp page for more information on becoming a staff member for our 2013 camp season.
Seasonal Camp Director (Camp Nawakwa/Camp Sacajawea)
Seasonal position supervising counselors and working with youth.
- Supervising counselors
- Managing the camp budget
- Organizing all field trip and bussing
- Handling any parent questions or concerns
- Running high quality programs to ensure every camper has a wonderful camp experience
- Good Organization
- Able to communicate in a professional manner
- Supervision experience a plus
- Experience working with children
- Must have camp experience – either day or resident camp
- Must be able to use Excel
* Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes, Inc. requires staff members become Girl Scout member
Position: Seasonal (Training May 28 - June 14, position runs July 6 - August 10)
Location: Wisconsin Rapids / Cornell
Salary: Based on experience (includes room and board)
To apply – visit the work at camp page and complete the 2013 Camp Staff Application along with the three references.
We appreciate your interest in working with Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes, Inc!