The Girl Scout Bronze Award is the highest award that a Girl Scout Junior (grades 4-5) can earn. The award represents your commitment to making a difference in your community. It offers you a unique opportunity to affect powerful, positive change AND, by choosing to take this step and by being an active member of your community, you are saying "I CAN make a difference!"
Most importantly you choose a project that interests you. Where is your passion? What do you want to say? What will be your legacy to your community? The choices are only limited by your imagination and determination.
Final Reports must be submitted to Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes in order to receive the Girl Scout Bronze Award. Leaders are responsible for purchasing the Girl Scout Bronze Award Pin from a Council Shop. GSNWGL will provide a Girl Scout Bronze Award Certificate at the completion of the project for each recipient.
If your Service Area is recognizing you for your accomplishments at the Service Area end-of-year banquet, all final reports are due to GSNWGL by March 31 of each year. All final paperwork that comes after that date will be recognized the following year. Contact your Service Area Manager or Communty Development Manager/Coordinator to find out when and where the banquet will be.
For questions in regards to the Girl Scout Bronze Award please contact your Community Development Manager/Coordinator.
- Girl Scout Juniors (4-5th grade)
- All paperwork must be submitted and completed by the end of your last membership year of Juniors, by September 30th of your 6th grade year
Steps to earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award:
- Go on a Girl Scout Junior Journey
- Once you complete your Journey, the suggested minimum time for earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award is 20 hours
- Build your Girl Scout Junior Team
- Explore your community
- Choose your Girl Scout Bronze Project
- Make a plan
- Put your plan into motion
- Spread the word
- Complete the Final Report - All reports should be submitted to the Appleton Service Center, 4693 N Lynndale Drive, Appleton, WI 54913