January 11-27: Door-to-door order taking
January 28-March 20: Keep Goal-ing sales
February 20: Cookie delivery begins
March 1-24: Troops host Cookie Booths
Cookies are $3.50 per box. Please make checks payable to Girl Scouts.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program helps girls do great things! With the power of cookies, Girl Scouts have used their profits to purchase pet supplies for local animal rescues, they have donated to worthy causes like the Susan G. Komen Foundation, have used their profits to make and donate blankets to local shelters, and have sent cookies to local food pantries and soldiers overseas.
These delicious treats help Girl Scouts develop life-long leadership skills, such as:
- Goal-setting: Girls set goals individually and with their teams, create plans to reach them, and develop cooperation and teambuilding skills along the way.
- Decision-making: Girls help decide how their teams will spend their cookie profits, furthering their critical thinking and problem-solving skills that help them in many aspects of their lives.
- Money management: Girls take cookie orders, handle customers’ money, and gain valuable financial literacy skills.
- People skills: Girls learn how to talk to, listen to, and work with all kinds of people while taking orders for cookies. These experiences help them develop healthy relationships and conflict-resolution skills.
- Business ethics: Girls are honest and responsible at every step of the Cookie Program. Their business ethics reinforce the positive values they develop as a Girl Scout.
These skills will impact girls’ personal and professional lives in countless ways. Through the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls become known for:
- Setting goals and meeting deadlines
- Working well with others to arrive at decisions
- Managing personal money and business finances
- Understanding customers and influencing others
- Being reliable
- Being honest and trustworthy
If you are a cookie volunteer, click here to find the resources available to you as you lead your troop to cookie success!
If you are a parent or a Girl Scout, click here to find out more about the 2013 Cookie Program.