Girl Scouts & Goodwill Friendship Drive
Posted on Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Protect the environment, help neighbors in need, and make the world a better place by participating in a Council-wide donation drive!
How to participate:
- Girl Scouts can vote online for the patch they would like to represent this year’s drive now until October 14.
- Girl Scouts can visit their local Goodwill stores or Girl Scout Service Center beginning October 1 to pick up a Sack it to Goodwill starter kit. Each participant will get a starter kit that includes 4 donation bags. (If you are not located near a service center or Goodwill store girls can fill up 4 regular garbage bags).
- Throughout the month of November, Girl Scouts will fill the bags with used clothing, shoes, books and other household items that you and your family no longer need.
- Bring your collected donations to the nearest Goodwill store and training center. To find the site nearest you, visit www.goodwillncw.org or — for Girl Scouts living in northern Wisconsin or Michigan’s Upper Peninsula — call 715-732-0563.
- Goodwill Stores will be offering tours to troops on November 8 and 15. Interested troops, etc. should contact the store they are interested in touring and speak directly with the Store Team Leader for the respective stores.
- To receive the free participation patch, troop leaders should email email@example.com by November 30, 2012 with the following information:
- Contact name
- Troop number
- Number of girl participants
- Membership manager and service area (if known)
- Phone number
...and the patch winner is: