Troop Leaders: Follow these hints to end the 2010-2011 troop year successfully!
- Survey girls and adults – Are they returning next year?
- Complete registration forms. Register online or send membership forms and dues to any Service Center by July 12, 2011.
- Have you updated your GSNWGL volunteer application and background check in the past three years? If not, please complete this process. To access these forms, using our convenient, one-step internet portal, visit: https://vapp.gsnwgl.org . If you do not have internet access, have questions regarding this process, or are unsure whether you have already completed a recent check, please contact the Volunteer Services Manager at your Service Center.
- Balance the troop account and complete the Annual Troop/Group Financial Report page (on the web site and on page 98 of The Source) by June 30, 2011.
- Help your girls fill out the annual evaluations and fill out the volunteer one for yourself (use the paper copies included in this packet or go to www.gsnwgl.org. The information you provide on these surveys is critical for GSNWGL’s funding and guides our future planning for the Council.
- Use the 2011 Summer Program Adventure Guide to promote summer programs with the girls.
- Plan final awards ceremony. Order all necessary insignia for your final awards ceremony.
- Recognize the individuals, businesses and organizations who helped the troop during the year. Send them a note or nominate them for a Community Participation Award (on the web site and on page 104 of The Source).
- Notify your Membership Manager about the adults in leadership positions – Are they returning?
- Plan summer fun activities for the troop.
- Set a date for first formal meeting after summer vacation.
- If the troop is disbanding, fill out the Disbanded/Merged Troop Form (on the web site and on page 106 of The Source).
If troop has bridging members:
- Order bridging kits.
- Make plans to earn the bridging recognition for your grade level.
- Plan a bridging ceremony with the girls.
- If bridging to a new troop, notify families of their new troop, give Girl Record Forms to new leaders and transfer appropriate amount to new checking account.
- Gear up for the new grade level you will be working with! Read the Grade Level Resource Packet for the level the girls will be bridging to. Visit www.gsnwgl.org/forms to find these resource packets. Request a coach to help you understand the ins and outs of your new level!