Camp & COVID
We are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to run a full summer schedule in 2021. However, prospective campers should be aware that the COVID-19 pandemic will likely have an impact on programs offered. We may need to alter some traditions like group size, in-camp activities, session structure, and trip length. As always, our top priority is the health and safety of our campers, staff, and community. We will continue to plan and prepare following national and state guidelines, and other risk management considerations, knowing that it is a possibility that summer camp may be canceled. We will update families and adjust our pricing to reflect any significant programmatic changes or cancellations that are necessary.
This year we have adjusted, changed, and added measures to ensure your girl explores camp in the safest way possible because your girl’s safety is always top of mind. We will be following CDC, ACA, GSUSA, local county, and state health code guidelines this summer. These guidelines will likely change before your camper arrives at camp. Please check our website for the most up-to-date safety information.
- We will be doing daily temperature checks.
- We have spread out sleeping areas and will have fewer girls per cabin/sleeping area to allow for more social distancing.
- We have added intentional time for handwashing and hand sanitizing.
- We will require masks to be worn at camp where it is appropriate. Masks will not be worn when sleeping, swimming, eating, and showering.
- We have limited our overall camp capacity to allow for social distancing.
- We have modified our meal logistics to have girls eating outside as much as possible.
- Our drop-off and pick-up drive-throughs are an added safety measure to reduce risk.
- Be sure to check out camp Parent Information Pages online – that’s where we’ll have the most up-to-date information.
- We will have additional staff training on safety procedures and precautions.
- We will make sure that our safe camp environment is an exciting and fun place for your girl to try new things and hang out with friends.