Girl Advisory Board
The Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes (GSNWGL) Girl
Advisory Board (GAB) is a dedicated group of 8th-12th grade Girl
Scouts from across the council. The GAB provides ideas, guidance, and
girl-driven recommendations on projects and initiatives aligned to the
council strategy to the GSNWGL staff and board of directors. Members
of the GAB will provide critical insight into what programs should be
offered, how to attract and retain members, and ideas about how to
increase awareness of the Girl Scout Movement. The GAB exists to
ensure that the voices of Girl Scouts are heard.
We need YOU to be that voice.
Girl Advisory Board members serve for up to two years or until
their high school graduation, whichever comes first. After serving
one year as a GAB member, Girl Scouts are eligible to serve on the
board of directors as girl members. The board of director girl
members will serve as the GAB chair and vice chair.
If you meet the qualifications and can commit to the responsibilities and meeting schedule, please submit your application to the council.
- Enrolled in 8th–12th grade for fall.
- Registered Girl
- If accepted, girls must renew their membership by the start of the new membership year, October 1.
- Genuine interest in taking on a leadership role within the council.
- Ability to communicate with peers and adults.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to using technology as a platform for research and communication.
- Commitment to attending monthly GAB virtual
meetings over the one-year term.
- These include one monthly call with the entire group; and one to two calls with a subcommittee. Day and time TBD by the GAB.
- Commitment to attending one annual in-person meeting (August).
- Commitment to an additional 2-4 hours per month as needed for research or tasks outside of meetings.
- Ability and willingness to perform related responsibilities as assigned.