There’s a Girl Scout in You!
Welcome to a Brand New Girl Scout Year!
Are you a go-getter, a risk taker, or a problem solver? Do you raise your voice, speak up, and speak out? These are Girl Scout qualities, so whether you are already a member or have yet to join, there’s a Girl Scout in You!
The 2016-2017 membership is bringing all sorts of fun your way for girls, families, and volunteers. When you join or renew this year you will have access to programs throughout our regions like Stem-stravaganza, Hip Hop Nutcracker, Girl Scouts Investigate or The Bluebird Project! Plus, you won’t want to miss being a part of the 100th year of Girl Scouts selling cookies! The brand new S’mores cookie already has people excited to place their orders come January 20, so get ready to be your own cookie boss by joining Girl Scouts today!
At Girl Scouts, we can’t deliver without the energy and awesomeness of adult volunteers. We are always looking for new leaders to help us bring leadership programming to girls through fun activities, programs, and experiences. And coming this Spring, being a volunteer with us is easier than ever! We’re investing in those who help us bring Girl Scouting to girls through our Membership Engagement Initiative. Our new system will mean a streamlined website, easier registrations, an online toolkit just for leaders, plus at-a-glance opportunities for Troops and volunteers. Stay tuned for more details.
There’s a Girl Scout in You. Make it official!
This Is How We S’more – With Cookies!
We’re excited to announce that today, National S’mores Day, we’re celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouts selling cookies by introducing the new Girl Scout S’mores™ cookies. That’s right! We’re combining two iconic Girl Scout traditions—s’mores and Girl Scout Cookies! Joining legendary classics like Thin Mints® and Caramel deLites®/Samoas®, the new Girl Scout S’mores™ cookies will be carried in select markets during the 2017 cookie season.
And it gets even better! As a nod to the different ways people “s’more,” the new variety includes a crispy graham cookie double dipped in a crème icing and enrobed in a chocolatey coating. The cookies will be the first new addition to the Girl Scout Cookie lineup since 2015.
Now that we’ve told you how we s’more, we want to know—how do you s’more? Yesterday we asked our Facebook and Instagram fans the same question and we collected our favorites:
- Our Scout doesn’t like hers toasted at all! Loves the campfire and songs, then pops the “raw” marshmallow right into her mouth…..yum! – Jeanne L.
- We put a roasted marshmallow between 2 Thin Mints. We also use Samosas & Tagalongs! So gooooood. – Autumn T.
- Charred and with a peanut butter cup! – Robyn S.
- We got a book out of the library all about s’mores with tons of recipes with different spins on s’mores. But we didn’t do a single one! Turns out we are s’more purists. All we want is marshmallow, chocolate & graham crackers! – Shoshana K.
- Burnt Marshmallow between a Lemonade and a Thanks-A-Lot!! Yummy! – Suzanne L.
- Perfectly brown and bubbly, dark chocolate and cinnamon grahams. – Kathleen R.
- Browned, not charred. With peanut butter and dark chocolate. I roast, my daughter puts crackers, etc. together – we make a perfect team. – Nicole M.
- Rotisserie style. …lightly brown all over. – Kristin S.
- You let it catch on fire let it burn for a little bit, and then you get it gooey and crunchy. – Elizabeth N.
- With a lot of friends. – Kathleen P.