While we can’t be in-person, keep your Girl Scout troop connected through online meetings to keep girls engaged with one another, while keeping safe. Here are some tips on how to run a productive, fun and engaging online meeting.
- Choose a virtual platform: There are several different virtual tools you can use to host an online meeting. Here are several suggestions to help you.
- Keep Girls Connected: Designate the first 10 minutes to have girls share what they’ve been up to and how they are feeling. This will keep girls socialized and engaged with one another.
- Prepare: Create an agenda and a purpose for your meeting with the girls. Ask each parent to complete the Girl Scout internet safety pledge.
- Make it Girl-led: Have girls choose a topic they are interested in discussing or learning about and create a simple action plan.
- Use Online Resources: Take advantage of learning tools online! From Virtual Field trips to online patch programs there are multiple activities you can do with your girls.
Don’t Forget the Volunteer Toolkit!
Troop Leaders, don’t forget you can support your troop activities from afar! Look to the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK). Download pdfs of the badges your troop is working on and send them off to parents and caregivers. Easy and simple way to keep the Girl Scout fun going for your troop!
***From our sisters at Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana